My Thoughts About Telecollaboration

 Hello everyone, today I want to talk about an event that I have participated recently which is telecollaboration. Okay, what did we do and how did it go? I'll tell you one by one. This event was between Istanbul Unıversity Cerrahpasa ELT students and Malaga University & Compultense University students from Spain. We created groups with Spanish students and met via zoom. My partners were from Compultense University. In our first meeting we introduced ourselves one by one with presentations we had created before our meeting. I was very very nervous at first, I couldn't prepare enough because I went to my hometown that day and stuff. But my partners were very good. In our second meeting they talked about their education system etc. and we did brainstorming about the story we were supposed to write together. In our third meeting we told them a traditional Turkish story and they told us a traditional Spanish story and we talked about those a lot. They found our story very interesting and unique. In our last meeting we showed them our storybook and they gave us some feedbacks and we said our last goodbyes to each other and finished it.

At first, I was very very anxious about this project because I am naturally very shy and not talkative to strangers. It was very hard for me to communicate but I felt that after each meeting , I gained more confidence and felt more comfortable with my partners. I didn't think that I would get such an opportunity ever and feel comfortable doing it. Thanks to Spanish students' friendly and kind attitudes I really enjoyed this project and I'm sure they also enjoyed as much as I did. Communicating with foreign people and sharing opinions and thoughts was really interesting. I learnt about their culture, they learnt about mine, we were thinking very differently and we had different points for each subject in our meetings and that helped both groups too much because I learnt to look at things with different perspectives actually. To sum up, it was a very interesting and fun experience that I would want to try again if I have a chance to!

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Seesaw

Powtoon